Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who keeps thinking it's a good idea to put me in charge...???

...because thank god I'm the type of person who takes charge when there's a lack of leadership. I know I'm this big goofball who runs around spouting nonsense from my mouth, but thank god I can take charge of a situation if I have to. Personally it's not my style, but I'm willing to give it a go if I have to. Emphasis on the have to, I'd rather be led around, if only because it's easier, yet I will take charge if need be. And right now there's a need.
Melanie left today, and it was really sad to see her go, but I think the drama and estrogen levels in the house are going to go down quite a bit since she's gone. I feel bad for even having that opinion, but these past couple of weeks I've had some revelations about her "emotionally abusive" boyfriend. And all signs point to both of them for being the problem. I've been trying to play peacekeeper and be the friend to cry on, but it's hard when she's not learning from her mistakes. I think she needs to grow up a bit and have more experiences with other people, and the boyfriend is just plain old set in his ways, and is probably not going to change for her, or anyone else, unless he actively tries to.
Either way, with Melanie gone and finished with her communications internship, I have been passed the torch. Of course, by pass the torch, it just means that I have learn everything that she's been doing for the past 3 months. This means, that I get to answer the Sanctuary phone all day long, and quite frankly I'm enjoying it.
Seriously, I've already had a couple of ridiculous phone calls. Like a man with the name, "Jim Rosenblum," called today asking me to get rid of a python,"with a black head and brown body," for him. All because it was sitting in his pool. After accidently hanging up and playing phone tag with him and his wife, I found them a wildlife trapper near where they lived and also discovered that the wife had poured rubbing alcohol in it's face to try to get it to go away. Or the man who called to complain that he saw one of our signs in the road, drove around for 4 days looking for us with his two granddaughters, and then couldn't open our gate when he got there. I've been sitting around the house today in stunned silence because of this shit, and I've only had the phone for one day.

But yeah, things have been really busy, hectic, and dramatic for the past two weeks. Plus we have had another girl join us named Cindy. She's from Holland and is leaving on Thursday sadly. Though, it'll probably be just as well, since I have literally sat, and watched the drama of both Cindy and Melanie, and ate a bag of popcorn. It's been hilarious to me, especially since Cindy's boyfriend is just so ridiculous, i.e. creating a mass panic about Cindy's well being because she ran out of minutes while talking to him on the phone in the Everglades and then not immediately explaining herself over the internet. He's hilariously sad.

Anyways, I guess my birthday is in an hour and 20 minutes, and it's strange that now that it's about to be here, that I'm not in Hooligans right now getting ready to celebrate with Amber, Tony, Kefauver, Ben, Ian, and the rest of them like we planned in late December, early January. Maybe I'll fix myself something to drink and hope that my mom doesn't send me anymore cards with birth control, auto insurance cards, or with the story about how she got her ears pierced in Mexico City when she turned 21. I'm also hoping that my dad doesn't call me to tell me that my car is being recalled, ask me if I want any books, or tell me that he's sending me another E-Card. I mean they already did that once this week.
I guess tomorrow night we're going to Cracker Barrel. I've never been and I'm not sure that's where I want to spend my 21st birthday at, but might as well since I don't really know anyone else, live near any good bars, and since I don't really share the same taste in music as everyone else. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment